I Put the verbs in brackets into correct tense:
- 1. Last winter I (go) ____________to Spain with my sister. We (be) ________very satisfied with our holiday. Also, we (not, spend) ________________ to much money.
- 2. Sara (not, finish) ______________ her homework yet.
- 3. We (play) ________________ football last Friday when it (start) ____________ to rain.
- 4. English (be) ______________ the most popular language in the world.
- Bob (not, work) _____________ on Fridays, but today he (work) _______________ because he (have) _____________ too many papers to finish.
- 6. How long (you, live) ____________________ in Germany? – For 13 years.
- 7. Does Tina have any plans for the summer? –Yes, she (visit) _______________ Rome this year.
- 8. A: (go, you) _______________ to the concert last night
- B: Yes! I (must) ___________ go! I love that band!
- A: (be) _________ it good? – Yes, I really (enjoy) _____________ it.
- 9. A: It’s a secret. You are the only person who knows.
- B: Don’t worry. I (not tell) ______________ anyone. You can trust me.
- 10. While I (try) _____________ to study the other night, somebody (make) ________________ too much noise. I (can not) _________________ study at all.
II Use verbs feel, rent, take, have, make, hold, order, go to get the right meaning of the phrase:
- ________________ camping
- ________________ a bicycle
- ________________ a bed
- ________________ some food
- ________________ sorry for sb
- ________________ photos
- ________________ hands
- ________________ a great time
III Fill in using one preposition only:
- They got married ______ St Valentine’s Day.
- I was born _______21st October.
- What do you think _________ my new coat?
- How much money did you spend ________the books?
- I hate shopping and I never try things ________.
- Sarah asked __________ a steak and some salad.
- Do you eat a lit _________ the evenings?
- I have a cofee mashine __________ work.
IV Fill in the gaps using the given words. There is one word extra which you do not need to use.
|Leather, common, complain, rare, customs, flirting, get on well, election, image|
- All girls love ______________ when their boyfriends are not around.
- My brother and I usually ______________ but sometimes we have some serious problems.
- Seeing a teenager carrying an expensive smart phone is a ____________ picture nowadays.
- I am planning to buy myself a black _____________ jacket.
- All the people were waiting for the ______________ results hoping to see their candidate win.
- I like when my sausages are well done, not ___________.
- Before you board your flight you have to go through the _____________.
- Parents usually _____________ that their kids are not listening to what they say.
V Correct the mistakes in the sentences:
- We were late so we taked the taxi.
- Hostel is a place which you can rent a room.
- I am so exciting when I see that my girl is relaxed.
- I couldn’t find my glasses nowhere.
- My best friends Steve study Mechanical Engineering.
- Some of us didn’t gave all the exams last semester.