I a) Finish the sentences to complete the right conditional:
- If I were an engineer ____________________________________________________________________
- What would you do ____________________________________________________________________?
- If I spoke English better ________________________________________________________________
- If you had finished your project on time ______________________________________________
- If it rains today _____________________________
b) Fill in the blanks to get the right conditional:
- How would you react if you (see) _____________________a thief in your house?
- If you had needed some money, I (lend) ____________________ it to you.
- If I (be) ____________________ in your shoes, I’d do that differently.
- If you (not do) _____________________ the project, the teacher wouldn’t have let you take an exam.
- My friends will call me to go out if the weather (be) ______________________ fine.
II Write the comparative or superlative of the following words:
- That will be (pleasant) _____________________trip you have ever had!
- (attractive) ___________________ woman on that stage is definitely Beyonce.
- Which is (pretty) ___________________ thing you ever bought?
- Mr Smith has spoken (politely) _____________________ than the other participants.
- My friend’s garden is (tidy) _________________ than mine.
- This is (dangerous) ________________ dog in the neighborhood! He had injured many!
- That woman took care of the baby (easily) _____________________ of all the babysitters they had.
- She taught English at one of (bad) _________________ schools in London!
- My sister is a way (tall) _______________than me.
- The Odeon hotel is (far) _________________ than the one we wanted to rent first.
III Give the gerund or the infinitive forms of the verbs:
- I don’t like _______________________ (judge) people according to their appearance.
- My dad gave up _______________________ (smoke) when he was still on college.
- Diana made it all up ______________________ (save) her brother.
- She would like _______________________ (find) out the truth about her real parents.
- We expect ________________ (hear) from Ann soon.
- Do you enjoy ________________ (watch) football matches?
- We ran ten kilometers without (stop) _____________.
- Does he want (eat) _____________ now, Jane?
- (use) ___________ fork and knife at the table is obligatory!
- I planned (visit) ____________________ my granny this week.
IV Fill in using ONE word:
- I _____________ to see you there tomorrow.
- Your team will lose. That’s what I ___________________.
- I _____________ to tell you, but I saw your girlfriend with somebody else.
- The dog was too ___________________ so they put him to sleep.
- We ________ take a good care of the baby. Don’t worry.
- Susan really doesn’t sleep ________________. Only 6 hours.
- You have finished?! That was _____________________.
- When she saw the accident, she ___________________ the police.
- When you travel _________ a foreign country, take care of your documents.
- _______ they see the news, they will be shocked.