I Use the right conditional:
- If my friends lived closer, I ____________________ (visit) them much more often.
- They wouldn’t have had any problem if they __________________ (take) your advice.
- If I ____________ (be) you, I ‘d be more careful with that project.
- I ________________(phone) you if there had been a phone in the village.
- If he _________________ (not do) what he promised, I’ll never speak to him again.
- Where ___________________________ (you/travel) if you had more money?
- He would have more money if he ________________ (not spend) too much on clothes.
- If you take on too many jobs, you ________________ (not do) a good job any of them.
II Write the comparative or the superlative of the given words:
- This is (enjoyable) ________________________ holiday I’ve ever been to.
- The ending of the book is (interesting) ____________________than the beginning.
- She made (bad) ____________________ mistake you could ever think of!
- Thomas is definitely (successful) _____________________ man I know!
- I had a (bad) ____________________ time at the party than at home.
- Can you walk a bit (slowly) __________________?
- The exam was fairly easy. (easy) _______________ than I expected.
- You are doing your job (seriously) ____________________ of all the people on the same position.
III Make questions to the referring words:
- Emma telephoned me last night.
- The film begins at 8.00.
- She isn’t working tonight because she is ill.
- I was born in London.
- Those people work with me.
- It was very cold yesterday.
- I have seen the artist twice.
- The accident happened unexpectedly.