I Use the right conditional:
- He won’t go to the meeting if he (be, not) _______________________ invited.
- If I had prepared the papers earlier, we (get) ___________________________ the visa on time.
- If Fred (stop) ____________________ smoking, he will surely feel much better.
- If Dylan had fixed his van, he (use) _______________________ his insurance money for the car.
- I (not, watch) ___________________ that movie if it is so scary.
- Our house would have been cleaner if we (do) ____________________ the cleaning regularly.
- If you (not, leave) ____________________ your bags here, they wouldn’t find it otherwise.
- If I (go) ________________ to Moscow, I would speak Russian better.
II Write the comparative or the superlative of the following words:
- He was one of (ugly) ____________________ actors I’ve ever seen!
- That referee has always worked (correctly) ________________________ of all the others.
- (kind) _________________ thing he could ever do is to take me to that romantic place!
- Can you move a bit (close) __________________ to the gate, please?
- I had (bad) __________________ dream one can think of! A nightmare!
- He was so nervous that he changed the channels (quickly) ___________________ than he could see what was on.
- This is (late) ______________________ news we have heard.
- She is a journalist and she earns (much) _________________ money than her husband.
III Make questions to the referring words:
- They inherited 200,000 dollars from their uncle.
- I talked to Brian about the wedding ceremony.
- She can make an omelette quickly.
- The workers use their break properly.
- Mike typed emails on my PC.
- She studies every day after school.
- I invited your sister to the party.
- They were using the newest methods in these elections.