I Fill in the blanks using the correct tense of the verbs in brackets:
- John (work) _______________ hard yesterday when his sister (call) _____________ him.
- A: What kind of food (you, like) _________________ eating?
- B: I (not, like) _________________ seafood but I (be) ______________ good at preparing it. In fact, we (have) _________________ a nice lobster for dinner last night.
- A: Hey, what (Sam, do) ____________________?
- B: He (watch) __________________ TV. He (just, take) ________________ a shower and he (go) _________________ to bed now.
- The Chinese (invent) ________________ chess many centuries ago.
- They (read) _______________ the whole afternoon, but they (not, finish) ______________ yet.
- The manager (come) _________________ to my office yesterday and (ask) ________________ me about the project I (work) ___________________ on. I (not, give) _______________ him the right answers so he (leave) ________________ quite upset.
- My cousin Diana (live) _______________in London in future, and she (work) _____________ as an account there.
II Use verbs make, get, stay, do, meet, read, speak, watch, to get the right meaning of the phrases:
- ________________ the newspapers
- ________________ up early
- ________________ TV
- ________________ the housework
- ________________ in bed late
- ________________ freely
- ________________ money
- ________________ your friends
III Fill in using one preposition only:
- My grandfather died ________ 1987.
- The school starts ________ 7,30.
- Let’s meet ______ the bus stop.
- I completely agree _______ you.
- He depends _______ his parents to give him money.
- You’ve left your towel _______ the floor. Pick it up.
- Do you like skiing ______ winter?
- My Math classes are ______ Wednesdays.
IV Fill in the gaps using the given words. There is one word extra which you do not need to use.
|Because emigrated legs reveal appliances worth mechanic embarrassing head|
- Kate Middleton is pregnant, but they didn’t want to __________ the truth to the public.
- My father is a _____________ and he fixes cars and other vehicles.
- Colin is very excited ______________ he is meeting his uncle for the first time.
- Do you know what these electrical _____________ are used for?
- Nikola Tesla _____________ to USA in 1884.
- It was so _______________ when I slipped on a banana peel and fell down on the ground.
- You may not earn a lot of money but you may be __________ a lot as a person.
- Amnesia usually happens when you hit or hurt your _____________.
V Correct the mistakes in the sentences:
- I don’t like fish because I always eat it.
- See you guys on next week!
- You were went to school earlier yesterday.
- Why is the people standing here?
- Cooks educate kids at schools.
- We enjoy in listening to music.
- The boys talked a lot while the film.