I Fill in the blanks using the given words.
|postpone, piles, handle, schedule, negotiate, anticipate, assertively, take time|
- I had a big problem with the delivery boy. He was so pushy; I just couldn’t refuse him any time he comes. I had to learn to say NO _____________.
- Sorry, Matt. I can’t go out tonight. There are ___________ of paper waiting for me. I have so much work to do.
- We have given the product price. They believe that the price is too high. We should ____________ and try to compromise.
- Don’t hurry your decisions. _____________ to inspect all possible solutions and consequences.
- Oh, I can’t make it! I have so much work to do. I think I will _____________ the Monday’s meeting for Tuesday.
- Having a fixed ____________ is a useful thing. You just follow the steps and finish the tasks as planned.
- Good managers never ______________ what their employees can do. They delegate the job and watch them doing it.
- If you cannot _____________ big projects, break them into smaller bits so you can work with it more easily.
II Match the phrases and their meanings.
|miss, not have|
|delay, put off|
|produce, make, invent|
|faith, confidence, reliance|
|fail to keep the pace|
III Odd word out.
- MANAGER/ DIRECTOR/EXPERT/EMPLOYER/ ROYALTY
- INCOME/ SALARY/PENSION/REDUNDANCY/BONUS